Welcome!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Where did it all start.....

It all started on August 6th, 1991. I was born in Barnet Hospital in Paterson, New Jersey. My family at the time were just my mother, father, and my father’s daughter and son from a previous marriage. My parents divorced when I was three years old. My mom raised me as a single parent. I spent the first eight years of my schooling in the public school educational system. I was a good student since kindergarten, making every teacher lucky to have me in their class every school year. I was President of my junior high school three years in a row; I was the first Hispanic student to do that. I also helped the lower class with their work and worked very closely with kids who are mentally disabled.


One of my favorite days in the school week was Wednesdays because I would take a group of students and help them out. I would tutor them in Spanish. I thought it was great because I was young and I was able to read, write, and translate from english to spanish. Teachers were amazed by my talent and ability to do this at such a young age.


When I graduated from middle school, I traversed the invisible line from the public, to the private school system to Paterson Catholic Regional High School. It was such a big change, that I wasn’t sure that I’d be able to get used to it. I had to wake up at 6:00 a.m. every morning in order to catch the bus to school, and I wouldn’t get back home until roughly 7:00 p.m. the earliest since I had other activities I was involved in like sports, after school program, and volunteering in different places. In high school, it was the first time that I ever got the Principle’s Award three semesters in the same school year. During my sophomore year I was inducted into the Genesis Program which is a program for student with a GPA of 3.0. It was a college prep high school, and the school lived up to its title. I learned how to manage my time and how to organize myself. I reached as high as a 4.0 GPA during my junior year which was amazing since I was home-schooled for the first 4 months of school. I was the top student in Spanish and Law class. I received 3 awards upon graduation for Senior activities, most outstanding achievement, and volunteering services. I am now a freshman at Passaic County Community College also part of the Educational Oppurtunity Fund; majoring in Psychology and recieving a minor in Criminal Justice.

Letter of Intent

To Whom It May Concern;

Thank you for taking a look at my virtual portfolio! I am a hard working student and I would describe myself as reliable, truthful, and always on time. The different subjects I study and the learning expierence I have gained so far, emphasize my passion for Psychology. I take school related issues seriously but also know how to relax and recharge my batteries.

My friends describe me as intelligent, funny, thoughtful, assertive, and focused . A person with an overall positive attitude and outlook on life. I like to occupy myself with the finer things in life and most of the time you find me with a smile on my face.

When I graduate in the year 2012, I intend to approach future employers with this virtual portfolio in a more creative way than with an ordinary job application. In looking at not only my professional skills, but also my personal activities and interests, you will have a better understanding of me as a person. Hopefully I can hereby facilitate your decision in considering me as a future employee in your company. Thank you and enjoy!

Sincerely,

Victoria Wel





Thank You

Thank you for taking the time to have visited my online portfolio. Hopefully now you have a better understanding of who I am, what I have done, and what I hope to do in the future. If you would like to contact me further, I can be reached by e-mail at welvictoria@aim.com. Thank you again!

Sincerely,
Victoria Wel